overlordhavoc
Topic Starter
Hi,
I'm running Vista Ultimate 32-bit on a self-built machine, E6850, 2 gig DDRII RAM.
Since 3 days now my computer started running really really slowly whenever i start something new…
The CPU total load goes to 100% when for example i open IE, when i log onto msn, when i open a picture, when i click something… if i'm not doing anything new the CPU load returns to normal and stays that way usually until i click something new and then it takes off again.
I've been reading this topic: http://forums.whatthetech.com/CPU_100_but_…ean_t87110.html since his problem is very similar to mine, but unfortunatly there is no real clue as to what his problem really was or what the solution is.
My problems started right after i had done some (and here's the part were i must say i'm a bit uncomfortable) tweaking to my tcpip.sys settings and installed something called readydriver plus after which i had severe boot problems. I've restored all of the tcp settings to their default values now and uninstalled this program.
Around the same time i also did a firmware upgrade for my DVD-drive: a Sony AD7173A.
I also recently installed Advanced System Optimizer and with that i tweaked a setting that was making Windows delay loading menu's for a few milliseconds.
This is everything i can think of which may (or may not) have to do with my current issue.
When the problems first started occuring i was thinking to myself of doing a "rollback" using windows recovery but i discovered that i had no recovery points although my system was set to create them.
Thanks for your time and help
Note: i was going to add a hijackthis log to this post but i can't seem to upload it.
Edit: I've checked my Device manager for problems (none found), ran a CCleaner scan and i'm doing a SuperAntiSpyware scan now. So far: 0 threats but the scan is taking forever to complete (+-3 hours of scanning now)
I'm running Vista Ultimate 32-bit on a self-built machine, E6850, 2 gig DDRII RAM.
Since 3 days now my computer started running really really slowly whenever i start something new…
The CPU total load goes to 100% when for example i open IE, when i log onto msn, when i open a picture, when i click something… if i'm not doing anything new the CPU load returns to normal and stays that way usually until i click something new and then it takes off again.
I've been reading this topic: http://forums.whatthetech.com/CPU_100_but_…ean_t87110.html since his problem is very similar to mine, but unfortunatly there is no real clue as to what his problem really was or what the solution is.
My problems started right after i had done some (and here's the part were i must say i'm a bit uncomfortable) tweaking to my tcpip.sys settings and installed something called readydriver plus after which i had severe boot problems. I've restored all of the tcp settings to their default values now and uninstalled this program.
Around the same time i also did a firmware upgrade for my DVD-drive: a Sony AD7173A.
I also recently installed Advanced System Optimizer and with that i tweaked a setting that was making Windows delay loading menu's for a few milliseconds.
This is everything i can think of which may (or may not) have to do with my current issue.
When the problems first started occuring i was thinking to myself of doing a "rollback" using windows recovery but i discovered that i had no recovery points although my system was set to create them.
Thanks for your time and help
Note: i was going to add a hijackthis log to this post but i can't seem to upload it.
Edit: I've checked my Device manager for problems (none found), ran a CCleaner scan and i'm doing a SuperAntiSpyware scan now. So far: 0 threats but the scan is taking forever to complete (+-3 hours of scanning now)