This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Gateway LX6810 Quad Core - First Core Spikes to 100% due to DPCs?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi All - I am brand new to this forum, so I hope I'm doing this right. I have a Gateway LX6810, which is less than a month old. I recently upgraded from Vista Home Premium 64 bit to Win 7 HP64bit. The issue is that from taking the system out of the box, after about an hour or so of use, the first of the four cores will spike to 90-100% due to what I can only determine to be DPCs? I don't really know what that is, or how to troubleshoot why it's happening. From what I've read, maybe something to do with the fans on the GPU being dusty (but would that be a problem on a brand-new computer?) or RAM getting too hot (what's that? like being jostled loose in transit?) I don't know much more about what to try, or how to explain the problem. I have been using Process Explorer to try and isolate what the problem is, but other than tracking it down to DPCs (i think), i don't know where to go next…. is anyone able to give me an idea what I may need to do? or what info you would need to try to help me?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI