computerwannabe
Topic Starter
I am running an approximately 2 year old Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 3, on a Dell Dimension DV051, Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.06 GHz, 504MB RAM. The hard Drive is a Western Digital 80GB, the C drive has 50gb with 6.91GB free. I use mostly Firefox 2.0, but I do use IE7 for things that won't work on Firefox.
Okay, so here is the deal:
My computer has been having problems for a while now. I worked with the guys on the infection removal list here a few weeks ago to remove some infections I had. I thought the blue screens I was having then were caused by the infection, but they are back and with worse problems. When I looked at the Event Viewer I saw almost 200 DCOM errors since 6/30, over 100 happened yesterday. I also noticed lots of cdrom errors around 6/30 as well.
Here is the gist of the errors:
DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service MDM with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{0C0A3666-30C9-11D0-8F20-00805F2CD064}
and most recently:
The server {DC0C2640-1415-4644-875C-6F4D769839BA} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
a couple of weeks ago:
The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block.
I also got this one yesterday:
The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.
I have had this one for a few days now:
Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Security Update for SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 (KB948110).
I received this one last night:
Received Handle Query Remove notification.
RSM refused the request and prohibited this action.
and this one:
Error code 10000050, parameter1 a1f023f6, parameter2 00000008, parameter3 a1f023f6, parameter4 00000000.
and this one:
The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error:
The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced.
this is the log entry from the blue screen:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xa1f023f6, 0x00000008, 0xa1f023f6, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini071608-01.dmp.
before the blue screen this:
The IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service, was started and stopped repeatedly.
The things that have consistently lead to blue screens are:
uploading videos to Youtube, running Kodak Easyshare, and plugging in IPODS and running ITunes. This doesn't mean that they ALWAYS cause a blue screen, just that one of them is usually being used before a blue screen happens.
In addition, I regularly receive errors from Norton 2008, and get memory could not be read errors as well. I especially get errors during or after running scans or liveupdate. In fact, today I see that liveupdate was started and stopped multiple times just like the imapi service was a few weeks ago. I have attempted to work with Symantec to fix problems with norton, but I have grown tired of it.
Thank you in advance for your help!
**Update**
I forgot to mention that when windows attempted to send an error report to microsoft about the blue screen it was unable to do so because the information was corrupted. I also did a HJT scan in case it is relevant, I see a couple of things that weren't there before…
Those 2 are OK.
Moved from Malware forum and removed HJT log.