This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Flash Player crashes Internet Explorer

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I frequently get the alert "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close." Almost invariably the error report tells me Flash Player has caused the problem and I should go to Adobe Systems' website to update Flash Player. I have updated it several times, and the problem continues. I have the most up-to-date version, yet it keeps crashing my Internet Explorer. For most of my web browsing I switched to Mozilla Firefox some time ago, but in order to listen to my custom radio station at Yahoo's LaunchCast Plus I must use IE. LaunchCast does not yet support Firefox for some reason. The problem existed when I used IE exclusively, and continues with about the same frequency now that I only use IE for LaunchCast. Is there something I can do to stop this perpetual crashing? I appreciate any advice you can give me. Thank you!

I frequently get the alert "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close." Almost invariably the error report tells me Flash Player has caused the problem and I should go to Adobe Systems' website to update Flash Player. I have updated it several times, and the problem continues. I have the most up-to-date version, yet it keeps crashing my Internet Explorer.

For most of my web browsing I switched to Mozilla Firefox some time ago, but in order to listen to my custom radio station at Yahoo's LaunchCast Plus I must use IE. LaunchCast does not yet support Firefox for some reason. The problem existed when I used IE exclusively, and continues with about the same frequency now that I only use IE for LaunchCast.

Is there something I can do to stop this perpetual crashing? I appreciate any advice you can give me. Thank you!


Hi 'Soundchaser'

I would suggest when using your IE Browser you go to this site and uninstall all the Flash Player installations you may have in Add and Remove (if you have more than one) then use a cleanup utility such as CCleaner, reboot and install from this site the latest Flash Player.

Hope this is of some assistance to you.

kind regards,
Thanks, I have done as you suggested, though I used a version of CCleaner I already had on my computer rather than going to the link you posted. The site you posted for Flash Player installation was for Firefox, so when I opened my LaunchCast site in IE it prompted me to install it for IE, which I did. Hopefully it will not crash anymore, but if it does, and gives me the same or similar error message I will post another reply in this thread. It has been crashing several times a day, so if you don't hear from me in the next day or so, rest assured I am blissfully and error-free-ly listening to my tunes! :-) Thanks!

The site you posted for Flash Player installation was for Firefox, so when I opened my LaunchCast site in IE it prompted me to install it for IE, which I did.
Thanks!


That is interesting as I don't have Firefox.

As long as you are still listening and enjoying your music that really is all that matters. Hope our suggestions have rectified your problem permanently.

kind regards,

Maybe it defaulted to the Firefox version because I clicked on the link you provided FROM Firefox… :-)


Yes you are most likely correct. You most likely have Firefox as your default browser………..okay

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI