This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Browser And Plug In Problems Since Win Update

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, very new here. Have been working with MS to try to resolve, problem is worse now, I think. :scratch: Downloaded Win Update a couple of months ago (long since had SP2 – this one included about 5 items). Had recently added Zone Authority firewall and Webroot Spysweeper. At reboot, clicked too quick and didn't allow updates to install. Ever since, havoc. Not sure which is the source, tried all I can … and can't get Windows Update to allow me to reload these patches … Now, plug ins won't run on browser, can't see most web pages, others are very slow to load, system seems very slow as well. Seems worse since MS said to download Spybot. Now I can't download anything much in the way of applications, either – including Hijack This, which I see used here, or Adobe (many pdf pages won't load, but then sometimes do, inexplicably), or QuickTime, or …. you get the idea. Many pages display 403 forbidden. As far as I know, I am virus, trojan, keylogger, spyware and even cookie free at this point … Now MS has sent a disk to reload my OS. Since they've been so challenged so far, thought I should check with someone independent before I do. Can you help? Happy to send any info I can get this beast to produce for you … Please forgive the naive level of this request … I did see that ZA had a conflict with ocget.dll and looked at registry change info, but figure I need help before trying this, either. Did go to ZA and grant local and server access to IE in both columns, no help so far… Can you help me get IE back? :unsure: Thanks, Sick HP
Sorry … two more things … Now often getting a system 32 error at boot. And regularly getting an error message "unable to make full connection to AOL system." Also memory seems to be overloading. This has started in past week, as things just seem to generally be destablizing … TIA. Sick HP

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI