This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Slow internet

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My internet has been slow for the past three weeks or so. It takes 10 secs or so just to load yahoo or google, even this website actually. I checked for viruses or spywares and it was clean. I am the only one having this problem in our house. I tried to put the internet wire ( I have no idea what it's called) to a laptop and the internet was fine and fast. So this cancels out that it is not my internet connection but my computer. i also tried different browsers and still no luck. I cleared my caches, cookies and history and it is still the same. Also, if I open website that it is full of images: google maps, mapquest, etc., my internet connection disconnects for five seconds and connects right back. This will happen around three times or so in a span of thirty seconds. Some websites do not even load just plain white screen. Help?
Hi Lani123 From the sounds of your testing at least you have narrowed it down to your computer. (btw cable is called ethernet, cat5, etc or common network cable what ever works for you) One of the 1st question I had while reading was what type of scans and what did you use? It might be hardware related, but right now I'm not thinking that "yet". post back with what you used to scan to determine that your computer was clean of malware/virus etc. Tonka
I used kaspersky and spybot- search and destroy. Another thing, my brother re-installed Windows ( I have now two same Windows in this computer), three days ago hoping to fix the problem but it didn't.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI