Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91702 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Slow internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lani123

Lani123

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

My internet has been slow for the past three weeks or so. It takes 10 secs or so just to load yahoo or google, even this website actually. I checked for viruses or spywares and it was clean. I am the only one having this problem in our house. I tried to put the internet wire ( I have no idea what it's called) to a laptop and the internet was fine and fast. So this cancels out that it is not my internet connection but my computer. i also tried different browsers and still no luck. I cleared my caches, cookies and history and it is still the same. Also, if I open website that it is full of images: google maps, mapquest, etc., my internet connection disconnects for five seconds and connects right back. This will happen around three times or so in a span of thirty seconds. Some websites do not even load just plain white screen. Help?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tonka001

tonka001

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:06 PM

Hi Lani123 From the sounds of your testing at least you have narrowed it down to your computer. (btw cable is called ethernet, cat5, etc or common network cable what ever works for you) One of the 1st question I had while reading was what type of scans and what did you use? It might be hardware related, but right now I'm not thinking that "yet". post back with what you used to scan to determine that your computer was clean of malware/virus etc. Tonka

#3 Lani123

Lani123

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

I used kaspersky and spybot- search and destroy. Another thing, my brother re-installed Windows ( I have now two same Windows in this computer), three days ago hoping to fix the problem but it didn't.