This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

admin password

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

hi , im trying to help a freind out, he couldent sign into yahoo or msn for some reason, so he inserted the xp disk and it gave him the option to fix xp or reinstall xp , but he dosent want to loose all the files he has so he used the fix option but it asks fo admin password , when he types it it keeps saying wrong password , i really need to no is there a standard password to let him in? , another thing is when you go into windows and it has options like start windows in safe mode etc it just keeps reseting its self , my mind is done in , please please help guys , many thanks
Hi bullyboy, If your friend never set an Administrative password, try just leaving it blank and hit Enter. The only other thing, I had to do, was take the silver battery out from motherboard and reset it back in. Do this with PC off and unplugged, give it a few minutes to cool before doing this. It will reset the Administer password back to Blank if needed. Hope this helps. TD

Hi bullyboy,

The only other thing, I had to do, was take the silver battery out from motherboard and reset it back in. Do this with PC off and unplugged, give it a few minutes to cool before doing this.

It will reset the Administer password back to Blank if needed.
Hope this helps.
TD

I beleive that will ONLY reset the CMOS / BIOS password in order to run the CMOS setup.

Hi bullyboy,

The only other thing, I had to do, was take the silver battery out from motherboard and reset it back in. Do this with PC off and unplugged, give it a few minutes to cool before doing this.

It will reset the Administer password back to Blank if needed.
Hope this helps.
TD

I beleive that will ONLY reset the CMOS / BIOS password in order to run the CMOS setup.


Appologies, :blush:
I had meant to say if it was for BIOS/CMOS.
Even with windows, if I leave Admin password blank, I just need to leave it blank; in the event MS asks again, just need to press Enter to get in.