I ended up not completing the steps because I was having trouble downloading TweakUI program. The link you gave before was for 64 (for Itanium-based systems). I downloaded the Tweak UI.exe. from this site: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloa…ppowertoys.mspx
This laptop is very frustrated: runs SUPER slow…and IE windows kept on closing. I'm using Firefox right now. It seriously took me half a hr just to write this reply.
The link you gave before was for 64 (for Itanium-based systems).
Sorry, I wanted the link above.
What does the error mean?
Coding issues somewhere. I think that as long as sUBs flashdrive tool is running when you insert the flashdrive that it doesn't actually make much difference to anything if TweakUI doesn't work. I just wanted to cover as many bases as possible.
Noviciate,
I didn't get to clear out the flashdrives because laptop wasn't home for a few days. Thanks for all the help you have given for the past month. Unfortunately I won't be having time to mess with computers anytime soon because I am having a big exam coming up in three weeks. I honestly will come back to this forum once the exam is over. I know this forum will close due to inactivity later….so I'm wondering if we can continue this forum somehow for three weeks to prevent inactivity, or I can just let you know when I'm back. I would like to continue this forum with you because you already know what is going on with my computer(s) history. Let me know!
Thanks,
Cindy
Hey! I'm back
So during the time when I was absent from the forum, my dad somehow got rid of kavo and tavo stuffs from the external hhds, flashdrives, and his laptop. I know by not seeing those error popups anymore but I don't know about it internally. We hooked up one external to our home computer (reformatted) and didn't see any pop ups or other disturbances. I'm not sure if there's anything that we should do just to make sure that our computers and storage harddrives are super clean.
One thing I want to ask you. The time when I was absent, my laptop has been used by my other family members for some times. Now I frequently have this internet explorer pop up saying IE needs to be close and you either click Send report or Don't send. I get those standard pop ups before when some programs don't function but not this frequently for IE windows. Now, the pop up comes up pretty often…like once or twice per day and I would have to close all the IE windows. It's pretty inconvienent when I'm trying to do something productive. Is there something bad running in the background now?
Thanks!
Cindy
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI