knix
Topic Starter
Hi. My PC got infected with trojans and other malware. I install Kaspersky AV and it disinfected all (maybe) of them. But each time I double-click any local drive to explore its content, a trojan is detected by the AV - ckvo.exe. Other common malware has the following names:
Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj
Trojan-PSW.Win32.OnLineGames.rxtk
Trojan-GameThief.Win32.OnLineGames.sitj
I backed up my C: files in D: then reformatted my PC. When I reinstall the AV, it detected again the same kind of trojans. Why so? I thought they all have been removed. After another full scan, AV says my PC is protected. BUT when I open My Computer to explore any of 2 local drives, a box appears asking me to choose which program I should choose to open the file. Why is it so? C: and D: drives are not files?! I don't know how did that happen. I have a feeling that these nasties are detected and disinfected but not the root of it all. If you need log file, kindly give details on how to get it.
Below is the report of Kaspersky antivirus:
Thanks in advance and more power!
PS. Does this HiJackThis tool safe? Sorry if I don't have a hijackthis log. I didn't try it becase I got scared of the pinned WARNING thread about using tools without supervision.
Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj
Trojan-PSW.Win32.OnLineGames.rxtk
Trojan-GameThief.Win32.OnLineGames.sitj
I backed up my C: files in D: then reformatted my PC. When I reinstall the AV, it detected again the same kind of trojans. Why so? I thought they all have been removed. After another full scan, AV says my PC is protected. BUT when I open My Computer to explore any of 2 local drives, a box appears asking me to choose which program I should choose to open the file. Why is it so? C: and D: drives are not files?! I don't know how did that happen. I have a feeling that these nasties are detected and disinfected but not the root of it all. If you need log file, kindly give details on how to get it.
Below is the report of Kaspersky antivirus:
Full Scan: completed 7/23/2008 8:18:27 PM (events: 4, objects: 276365, time: 1:07:33 AM)
7/23/2008 8:18:28 PM Task completed
7/23/2008 8:17:31 PM Detected: http://www.viruslist.com/en/advisories/26027 D:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\flash.ocx
7/23/2008 7:41:01 PM Detected: http://www.viruslist.com/en/advisories/16653 D:\Documents and Settings\Francis\My Documents\Desktop files ver2\Pepsi USB\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LUALL.EXE
7/23/2008 7:10:54 PM Task started
Full Scan: completed 7/23/2008 8:18:27 PM (events: 4, objects: 276365, time: 1:07:33 AM)
7/23/2008 6:37:11 PM Task completed
7/23/2008 6:36:53 PM Detected: http://www.viruslist.com/en/advisories/26027 D:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\flash.ocx
7/23/2008 6:35:02 PM Detected: http://www.viruslist.com/en/advisories/16653 D:\Documents and Settings\Francis\My Documents\Desktop files ver2\Pepsi USB\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LUALL.EXE
7/23/2008 6:27:10 PM Task started
Full Scan: completed 7/23/2008 8:18:27 PM (events: 4, objects: 276365, time: 1:07:33 AM)
7/23/2008 5:41:52 PM Task completed
7/23/2008 5:40:37 PM Detected: http://www.viruslist.com/en/advisories/26027 D:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\flash.ocx
7/23/2008 5:18:29 PM Detected: http://www.viruslist.com/en/advisories/16653 D:\Documents and Settings\Francis\My Documents\Desktop files ver2\Pepsi USB\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LUALL.EXE
7/23/2008 4:54:43 PM Detected: http://www.viruslist.com/en/advisories/26027 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\flash.ocx
7/23/2008 4:46:07 PM Untreated: Trojan-GameThief.Win32.OnLineGames.sitj C:\Documents and Settings\Francis\Local Settings\Temp\y7vnqv.dll Postponed
7/23/2008 4:46:07 PM Detected: Trojan-GameThief.Win32.OnLineGames.sitj C:\Documents and Settings\Francis\Local Settings\Temp\y7vnqv.dll
7/23/2008 4:45:28 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0047195.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:28 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0047195.com
7/23/2008 4:45:28 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0047179.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:28 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0047179.com
7/23/2008 4:45:28 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0047162.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:28 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0047162.com
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0047139.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0047139.com
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0047123.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0047123.com
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0046123.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0046123.com
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Untreated: Trojan-PSW.Win32.OnLineGames.rxtk D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0046077.exe Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Detected: Trojan-PSW.Win32.OnLineGames.rxtk D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0046077.exe
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0046091.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0046091.com
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cba D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0046076.exe Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cba D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0046076.exe
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0046064.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0046064.com
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0045048.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0046047.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0046047.com
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0045048.com
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0044797.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0044797.com
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0044760.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0044727.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0044760.com
7/23/2008 4:45:27 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{64E1CE7A-55EE-4D88-8C86-F7CC433F0B1D}\RP86\A0044727.com
7/23/2008 4:45:26 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP8\A0000362.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:26 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP8\A0000362.com
7/23/2008 4:45:26 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP8\A0000283.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:26 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP8\A0000283.com
7/23/2008 4:45:26 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP7\A0000257.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:26 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP7\A0000257.com
7/23/2008 4:45:26 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP6\A0000197.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:45:26 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj D:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP6\A0000197.com
7/23/2008 4:43:04 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj C:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP8\A0000382.exe Postponed
7/23/2008 4:43:04 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj C:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP8\A0000382.exe
7/23/2008 4:43:03 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj C:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP8\A0000360.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:43:03 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj C:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP8\A0000360.com
7/23/2008 4:43:02 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj C:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP8\A0000281.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:43:02 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj C:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP8\A0000281.com
7/23/2008 4:43:00 PM Untreated: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj C:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP7\A0000255.com Postponed
7/23/2008 4:43:00 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj C:\System Volume Information\_restore{406C8180-B7CD-4483-BE7F-7AA7411160DD}\RP7\A0000255.com
7/23/2008 4:41:34 PM Task started
Full Scan: completed 7/23/2008 8:18:27 PM (events: 4, objects: 276365, time: 1:07:33 AM)
7/23/2008 4:39:02 PM Task completed
7/23/2008 4:38:43 PM Deleted: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj C:\WINDOWS\system32\ckvo.exe
7/23/2008 4:38:43 PM Disinfected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2025429265-1592454029-839522115-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\kamsoft
7/23/2008 4:38:42 PM Detected: Trojan.Win32.Vaklik.cdj C:\WINDOWS\system32\ckvo.exe
7/23/2008 4:38:42 PM Task started
Full Scan: completed 7/23/2008 8:18:27 PM (events: 4, objects: 276365, time: 1:07:33 AM)
7/23/2008 4:34:00 PM Task completed
7/23/2008 4:32:53 PM Task started
Please, please help. This is the worst I have encountered in battling malware so far. Thanks in advance and more power!
PS. Does this HiJackThis tool safe? Sorry if I don't have a hijackthis log. I didn't try it becase I got scared of the pinned WARNING thread about using tools without supervision.