Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Download woes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 weybrew

weybrew

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:09 PM

I recently installed Firefox 3 and began having problems with video downloads. They begin and then within a few seconds stop... sometimes I see a "buffering" tag... but the video never resumes. Additionally, when I download a data file the download stops short. I can get it to resume by clicking Pause, then Resume. It often takes multiple times to get the full download. I'm not using any extra download manager. WinXP (SP2), Firefox 3

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:37 PM

Sounds like you should dump FF 3 for now then and go back to the latest 2.x version, see if that resolves the problem.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 weybrew

weybrew

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

Thanks, Rich. I uninstalled FF3 and installed FF2.0.0.15 but got the same results on my test downloads. So Firefox in not the culprit. Can anyone offer another clue?

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:13 PM

Try a System Restore to before this started happening (also before FF3 was installed).

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#5 weybrew

weybrew

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:01 PM

FIXED! As it turned out my troubles were not software related at all, but a failing wireless router. New router solved the problem.