This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Download woes

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently installed Firefox 3 and began having problems with video downloads. They begin and then within a few seconds stop… sometimes I see a "buffering" tag… but the video never resumes. Additionally, when I download a data file the download stops short. I can get it to resume by clicking Pause, then Resume. It often takes multiple times to get the full download. I'm not using any extra download manager. WinXP (SP2), Firefox 3
Sounds like you should dump FF 3 for now then and go back to the latest 2.x version, see if that resolves the problem.
Thanks, Rich. I uninstalled FF3 and installed FF2.0.0.15 but got the same results on my test downloads. So Firefox in not the culprit. Can anyone offer another clue?
FIXED! As it turned out my troubles were not software related at all, but a failing wireless router. New router solved the problem.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI