Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91803 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

downloads always fail at 1%

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 satoshi

satoshi

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:58 AM

hello! recently my downloads always fail at around 1%, using firefox. i tried using opera and the same thing happens, it indicates downloads completed but when i look at the file size its just 1% of the real file size. im downloading files from rapidshare, megaupload, easyshare etc. the same thing also happens with streaming videos, they stop streaming at 1%. last week everything seems to work out fine but now everything fails. i've already search info on this but i can't find anything. googling thru the net i came across with a post having with the same problem as i do but it does'nt say anything about the solution. i hope somebody can shed some light on this.. thanx in advance

Edited by satoshi, 02 March 2009 - 05:22 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 bizarrebob

bizarrebob

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Computers. Video games.

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:39 AM

hi there, Once downloading from these sites, are you closing the page and just leaving the 'transfers' windows open? May i suggest you get the latest update for your browser and keep the page open you're downloading from. Thanks, 'Bob

::: My Spec :::

Windows 7
Intel Core Duo @ 2.8ghz
4gb OCZ RAM @ 1066mhz
ATI 4870 512mb

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online

#3 satoshi

satoshi

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:07 PM

i do leave the page open.. i'll just update my browsers.. but i doubt it will work coz this happens on both browsers. thanks for the suggestion Bob

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,805 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

Hi satoshi.

Try this. Click on Start then Run, type cmd and press Enter to open a command prompt.

To reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog
To reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Try them one at a time, see if any help.

If not, give Winsock XP Fix a try, see if it helps.

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#5 satoshi

satoshi

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:22 AM

thanks a lot! i'll try that after i'm done with my school work, i've been busy these days. anyways thanks a lot for the help