Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

youtube videos - buffering forever

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 dave_t

dave_t

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:28 PM

Don't know what is going on here, streaming videos everywhere else seem to work perfectly, but on Youtube, they buffer for an eternity before they open. I've tried the following steps: Uninstalled (completely) and reinstalled Flash player Installed Firefox to see if that would solve the issue (didn't help) Upgraded IE to 7 (which is awful) and it still didn't work Tried it on a laptop connected through WiFi to the same connection, it worked fine, just seems to be on my PC, no idea what the problem could be.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 dave_t

dave_t

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:15 AM

I have tried some additional troubleshooting, so far, no luck: Unplugging router/modem, resetting both Connecting computer directly to the modem, not connected through the router Running AV and Spyware scans (nothing relevant found) Also, embedded youtube videos on forums only show up as a white box, they don't even show up at all ... This is more of an annoyance than anything, I just dont' understand why all of the sudden it stopped working.

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:05 PM

Since you are able to access and browse the internet, your problem is not likely related to your internet connection.
Since you are able to view the specific YouTube content on another machine connected to your same internet connection, the problem is not likely related to poor or faulty scripting of the content.
Since you have updated your Macromedia Flash player, the problem is not likely related to Flash Player.
*** However, it is recommended that you use the Adobe Macromedia Flash Player "Uninstaller tool" prior to installing the most current version, in order to avoid problems with the installation and function of Flash Player
You can get it here, uninstall then reinstall the current version of Flash Player:
http://kb.adobe.com/...n...7&sliceId=1
_________

YouTube display depends upon JAVA Runtime Environment

color="#0000FF"]JAVA JRE Updating[/color]

Uninstall the older versions of Java and download the newest.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components.
1. Close any programmes you may have running, ESPECIALLY your web browser
2. Click Start - Control Panel.
3. Click Add/Remove Programs.
4. Select any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
5. Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
6. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove all versions of Java.
7. Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Next

Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Download JRE here (4th one down the list), which is JRE6 update3,
Click Yes at the page warning
Accept the Licence Agreement before downloading the Offline file.
After completing the download (Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language jre-6u3-windows-i586-p.exe 13.93 M
Install the new version of JRE.

Also possible, is that you have IE Security Settings customized to disable JAVA scripting.

In IE - Select Tools- Internet Options - Security - Internet Zone
Select - Default Settings

If the problem continues, you can investigate your JAVA Script settings specifically in IE, as follows

Internet Explorer 7
Select Tools > Internet Options.
Click on the Security tab.
Click the Custom Level button.
Scroll down to the Scripting section.
Select Enable for Active Scripting and Scripting of Java Applets.
Click OK.
Select YES if a box appears to confirm.
Click OK. Close window.
Reload page.

Keep us posted with your progress.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#4 Softix

Softix

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:40 AM

I recommend installing SpeedBit Video Accelerator for YouTube, which pre-buffers videos and makes them playback in a more reliable way. As an added bonus, if you also watch videos on places like MySpace and Facebook, you should see some improvement there as well.

#5 videobruce

videobruce

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:48 PM

I have/had nothing but problems with U-Boob. I see many other posts all over with similar issues. I gave up. I use  KeepVid to just download the video (file) and play it later away from my tower on a real TV, not a PC monitor or some miniature toy phone. :thumbup: . 

Funny, from that link above I came across this;

There are many probable causes leading to YouTube videos lagging. It’s difficult to find the suitable solutions at one go. Meanwhile, as YouTube updates constantly, you may not be able to fix similar problem like YouTube lagging 2017 with the same method you used before. So the permanent and perfect solution is to download YouTube videos for playback offline without lagging and any other problems, such as YouTube videos freezing, YouTube videos skipping, YouTube green screen and so forth.

Edited by videobruce, 09 July 2017 - 12:58 PM.