This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Word won't show some items

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

In other places it shows {FORMCHECKBOX} I've tried looking in Options for what to un-check or turn off, but I can't figure it out. Please help!
Hi, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do, here but have a look at this expert's tips as it may help:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm

If not please post back a full description of what you are trying to achieve, which version of Microsoft Word you are using what is not working correctly etc and your operating system and sevice pack level and we will do our best to help
regards
paws
I received a Word doc from someone. However, where there is a blank _________ space for typing something in, I can't read what he wrote. It instead only shows the following: {FORMTEXT} and it is highlighted. In other places in his document, it shows: {FORMCHECKBOX} A similar thing happens in Word docs that have a link in them. For instance, if I paste this current URL in a Word doc it ends up looking like this: {HYPERLINK "http://forums.whatthetech.com/add_reply_f120_to93093.html"} Can you please help me to be able to see these items "normally" without the curly brackets and highlighting? Thank you. I'm using Word 2000 and Windows XP Service Pack 3.
Hi, Try this: 1. Close the document concerned. 2. Open Word to create a new, blank document. 3. In Tools | Options | View tab, untick/uncheck "Field Codes". Make sure "Field Shading" is set to either "Never" or "When Selected." 3. Re-open the problem document. Tell us if this helps Regards paws

In other places it shows {FORMCHECKBOX} I've tried looking in Options for what to un-check or turn off, but I can't figure it out. Please help!


It sounds like Word is displaying field codes. To display form fields, press ALT+F9.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI