This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Slow Wonky Computer, Need Some Help! [Closed]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My computer shut down and then had a blue screen thing. I restarted and everything seems fine, but I've had viruses in the past and have also noticed recently that the computer is slow and performs kind of weird at times. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! Oh, and I use Windows 7.
Hi and Welcome!! :) My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision.
Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your OS losing all your programs and data.


Vista and Windows 7 users:
These tools MUST be run from the executable (.exe) every time you run them
with Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")


Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.
———

Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1
LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any script blocking protection
  • Right-click and Run as Administrator dds to run the tool.
  • When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt

Attach.txt
———-

Please download aswMBR to your desktop.

  • Double click the aswMBR icon to run it.
  • Click the Scan button to start scan.
  • If you are asked to update the Avast Virus database please allow it to do so.
  • When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and attach its contents in your next reply.

[external image: Posted Image]
Click the image to enlarge it
———-

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI