This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

No PCI Driver - - No Sound

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi there, After a system restore on my Lenovo t61p ThinkPad Notebook threre are three PCI Bus drivers missing. Normally Lenovo ships a Restore CD package with the notebook, but since I don't want all the stuff they additionally put on your computer I installed a normal version of the windows xp and updated the system with the servicepack 2. Everything works perfect just with no sound… The soundcarddriver and all the other drivers I gathered from the lenovo support homepage are installed. what to do next? thx Sascha

Have you tried looking on the restore cd for the drivers.


By this I think you mean if I took my XP installation CD and declared it as target when the driver installation wizard searched for the driver?
Yes I tried it and I also tried it with the recovery CD that Lenovo shiped with my notebook.

If I should search manually for the driver I have only one problem that is bothering me and that's the only cause of this mess:

I don't know the driver's name or number. I have no idea which of these three drivers I need for these three Busses…. :pullhair:

You don't have to hurry up with an answer I cannot check this threat before tomorrow afternoon. But until then I expect a quite amazing way to resolve my problems ;)

Thanks alot, good night
Sascha

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI