This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Ibm 600e Audio Problems...

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Thanks in advance for your help, and a big Thanks to the TomCoyote people, you've saved my butt in the past, and know your stuff. Now my new problem, my old IBM 600E Thinkpad's audio has quit. It has onboard DVD, and the sound quit once before and a friend fixed it who is now out of state, and can't be reached, so I don't know what he did. I've re-loaded Windows 98 and updated, and downloaded new Crystal audio files and drivers from IBM to no avail. That's about all I know how to do, besides having checked the easy stuff. The computer emits NO sounds of any kind, CD, DVD, or normal operating sounds. Thanks Again for any advice, Steve W.
THANKS MICAH! AS USUAL, THE TOM COYOTE PEOPLE COME THROUGH FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FEEL LIKE SUCH A DUMMY, NOT KNOWING THE FN+PG-UP/DN KEYS ARE FOR VOLUME, I GUESS I HAD JUST ACCIDENTALLY TURNED IT ALL THE WAY DOWN, AND THIS EASY AFTER DOWNLOADING MULTIPLE DRIVERS, RELOADING WINDOWS, CURSING, ETC. THANKS AGAIN, GOD BLESS STEVE WEIBLE, MID MISSOURI
I am glad that we were able to help! I am closing this topic now, but if you need it reopened, please send an email to the following link(Click for address) with the Subject line of the email "Reopen".
To receive a response, please include in your email: the user name used in the post, details of why you need it reopened, and a valid link to the post.

Emails with bad links to the post, emails that are not from the original poster, and emails that do not have "ReOpen" as the subject line, will be deleted without being opening.

Please start a New Topic if this is not your thread. Thank-you for your co-operation.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI