This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Service Pack 3

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I updated It has security updates, I would recommend it If you have Norton AV you should disable it before updating or maybe think of switching to another AV I heard Norton and SP3 don't play well I had Symantec when I updated, Im now happily using Avira Anti-Vira with SP3 and it is less resource heavy It's one of those decisions you gotta make yourself :D
It also does not play well with some HP/Compaq system - download the patch from HP.

Generally, I recommend staying current, so I am pushing to move to SP3. If you have been keeping your system updated, the move to SP3 should be painless.

I do not recommend the use of Windows Update to download but instead recommend downloading the file to a local drive, then installing, or download the ISO image, create a CD then install. Or order the CD.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) - Downloads and CDs

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers - This is the what most folks download. Copy to CD or HD folder, then install.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network - ISO-9660 CD Image File

Windows XP Service Pack 3 on CD - Asia

Windows XP Service Pack 3 on CD - Europe and Africa

Windows XP Service Pack 3 on CD - North America - cost about $10 with shipping.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 on CD - South America

thanks both of you…I will do this! =] Also, I tried to update it today but, the thing took forever so I just canceled/

I do not recommend the use of Windows Update to download but instead recommend downloading the file to a local drive, then installing, or download the ISO image, create a CD then install. Or order the CD.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) - Downloads and CDs

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers - This is the what most folks download. Copy to CD or HD folder, then install.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network - ISO-9660 CD Image File

Windows XP Service Pack 3 on CD - Asia

Windows XP Service Pack 3 on CD - Europe and Africa

Windows XP Service Pack 3 on CD - North America - cost about $10 with shipping.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 on CD - South America


As Digerati said dont use MS updates to do it
download the iso and burn it to a cd/dvd

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI