This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Win 7 & Service pack 1 ?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just stumbled across the fact I dont have service pack 1 on my Win7, I do have a back up on a separate external hard drive with Macrium Reflect and will update this before I do anything else.

 

My questions are:

 

1.Is it now worth adding service pack 1 at this late stage seeing how Win7 updates come to an end in January.

2. Is it likely to create any issues adding service pack 1.

 

No idea how you went so long without SP1, but there are also an additional 180+ updates on top of SP1.
There is a Servicing stack and Convenience Rollup that includes most of these updates
 
Servicing stack (I found the latest ones from 2019-03 and added links to the catalog download)
2019-03 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4490628)
2019-03 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 7 for x86-based Systems (KB4490628)
 
Rollup: (I added links to the catalog download)
windows6.1-kb3125574-v4-x64_2dafb1d203c8964239af3048b5dd4b1264cd93b9.msu
windows6.1-kb3125574-v4-x86_ba1ff5537312561795cc04db0b02fbb0a74b2cbd.msu
 
I would install SP1 then the Stack then the rollup.
 
Then do a Windows Update which will give you about 40 more updates. That will get you as current as you can get.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI