This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Is Winpatrol Plus Worth Installing?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Just wondering if it is worth the users time to install this program. I have heard of this program for a long time but would like some recommendations from you folks around here in regards to this app using the plus version of it before testing it out. Reviews say it is not a resource consuming app.

At this time I use AVG 7.5, Ad-Aware Pro, & just the SP2 firewall. I try & keep the resource hogs out of my pc and after 6 yrs. on this rig I have been pretty lucky so far.

http://www.winpatrol.com/

If this isnt the proper section to post this question please let me know ?


Regards, :wavey:
I think you'll find universal support for it here, and most security sites. It won't conflict with the other programs on your system, and has very low resource usage. Yes, I recommend it.
Absolutely. It is small, can sve your computer from a lot of trouble if you click the wrong thing and has the capability to disable programs that run from startup without removing them or chaning the registry directly. One of the most useful security programs around. As Blair said it plays nice with nearly everything that you can have on the computer.
Thanks very much for your reviews & replys ! Although I have pretty much manually prevented unwanted programs from starting up with windows and at this time & only have 31 processes running in Task Manager, my reason for considering this app is to add a little more prevention from harmful BHO`s & possible hijack attempts. Also the fact that you state that WinPatrol is NOT a resource hog is another big positive. I used to run Norton, McAfee, etc., etc., and they are way to bloated & overated IMHO. Regards & I apologize if I started this topic in the wrong section. :wavey: