Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Is Winpatrol Plus Worth Installing?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Harley11407

Harley11407

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:19 PM

Just wondering if it is worth the users time to install this program. I have heard of this program for a long time but would like some recommendations from you folks around here in regards to this app using the plus version of it before testing it out. Reviews say it is not a resource consuming app.

At this time I use AVG 7.5, Ad-Aware Pro, & just the SP2 firewall. I try & keep the resource hogs out of my pc and after 6 yrs. on this rig I have been pretty lucky so far.

http://www.winpatrol.com/

If this isnt the proper section to post this question please let me know ?

Regards, :wavey:

Edited by Harley11407, 13 August 2007 - 10:21 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Blair

Blair

SuperMember

• Root Admin
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:55 AM

I think you'll find universal support for it here, and most security sites. It won't conflict with the other programs on your system, and has very low resource usage. Yes, I recommend it.
Posted Image

#3 Elrond

Elrond

MRU Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Skiing

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:27 AM

Absolutely. It is small, can sve your computer from a lot of trouble if you click the wrong thing and has the capability to disable programs that run from startup without removing them or chaning the registry directly. One of the most useful security programs around. As Blair said it plays nice with nearly everything that you can have on the computer.
Windows Security 2006-2007
Consumer Security 2008-2009

Trained at TC Classroom (The forerunner to WTT Classroom)

#4 Harley11407

Harley11407

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:50 PM

Thanks very much for your reviews & replys ! Although I have pretty much manually prevented unwanted programs from starting up with windows and at this time & only have 31 processes running in Task Manager, my reason for considering this app is to add a little more prevention from harmful BHO`s & possible hijack attempts. Also the fact that you state that WinPatrol is NOT a resource hog is another big positive. I used to run Norton, McAfee, etc., etc., and they are way to bloated & overated IMHO. Regards & I apologize if I started this topic in the wrong section. :wavey: