Homesite (a Macromedia program) has begun to take much longer showing files in a directory whenever I Open, Save, etc. For instance: trying to save a new file results in a pause of 6 seconds (with hourglass-icon) before the target DIR is listed.
As examples, MS Word and Photoshop are lightening fast in comparison when listing files on the same partition.
Anyone have experience with this sort of behavior?
P4-2.8g
3 gig memory
XP Pro SP2
SATA drives
First, since Word and Photoshop work fine, I would not mess too much with Windows.
You say this problem "has begun". When? After some update of Homesite? Windows? An anti-malware program? Hardware or HW drivers?
And you say "showing files" - Are you viewing them with the same View settings as always? I have never used Homesite, so for example, in Windows Explorer (not IE), the "Views" options are Thumbnails, Tiles, Icons, Lists, or Details. What happens when you open a folder and wait for all to display, close the folder, then open the same folder again? Does it still take abnormally long to complete the view the second, third,… time?
What is the drive activity light doing during the pause?
You say SATA drive"s" - How much free space is on the drive Homesite uses and is that the same drive used by Word, etc.?
Have you scanned for malware?
Ok, it began some time ago so I don't remember what was happening then.
I am using the same view settings as before.
The drive HS and Word is on was just defragged, and is about 18% full.
The drive light appears off until just before the listing appears.
I have scanned for malware with the help of the Hijack forum and this "pause" did not change after malware removal.