This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Control Panel/Add & Remove Software

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am running Windows XP Pro on a laptop. The laptop has been giving me fits recently. Currrently I can get to my Control Panel, but when I try to get to Add & Remove Software, nothing happens, the system just sits there with a message telling me that it is "populating" the programs, but then nothing happens, it just sits there. Help?

I am running Windows XP Pro on a laptop. The laptop has been giving me fits recently. Currrently I can get to my Control Panel, but when I try to get to Add & Remove Software, nothing happens, the system just sits there with a message telling me that it is "populating" the programs, but then nothing happens, it just sits there. Help?


I would suggest a hijack scan and then having the malware team give you a hand in checking for nasties.

Be sure to follow the directions at http://forums.whatthetech.com/Before_Posti…elp_t57813.html for posting information.

Other things that could cause the problems are corrupted file, you could try running chkdsk in safe mode to be sure the HD is in good working order.
Also have you tryed going into add remove under safe mode?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI