This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

NEED HELP (cannot boot /safe mode)

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

So while downloading drivers for my new vid card my computer crashed (I think I loaded the new drivers without unistalling the old ones). When starting the computer it goes through bios and then goes to a blank black screen. I made sure my bios boot from the cd and for some reason it wont let me boot. Also when I try to enter safe mode it freezes on system32\acpitable.dat . Anyone have any other ideas as to how to either reboot windows or get into safe mode so I can unistall the bad drivers?
The only idea I have is see if you are able to boot into Last Known Good Configuration. See if that works. If not post back and maybe others will have an idea.
Last Known Good should work, but if not, select VGA mode from the Safe mode boot screen. That should put you into VGA (640x480) mode and allow you to install your video driver.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI