TerryK
Topic Starter
Have been having trouble with my PC freezing. Worked with the Spyware forum for a while and we didn’t really find anything:
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=52978&hl=
It had gotten progressively worse (3 - 4 weeks). I started to suspect hardware, so I pulled out the video card and found that the fan that cools it was not running. I freed it up, but after reassembly it won’t boot up at all. When I try to boot up in “safe” mode it stops at the line that says:
Multi (0) disk (0) rdisk(0) partition (1)\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys
Assuming that I burned up the video card I bought a new one. After assembling it into the PC and try to boot, it stops at the same place. I am assuming that I need to reload the video card drivers (apg 440).
But I am unable to get it to boot up off the recovery disks I have. I have two:
1. tangent “Recovery CD” - Bootable CD BIOS Locked V 1.2
It came with a booklet that says it is Windows 98
2. Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 - November 2004 Systems Student Media
I have tried booting up with both of these in the CDROM drive and it still looks like it is trying to boot of the hard drive. When I have the recovery CD in the CDROM it looks like it reads it for a little bit, but then goes on to the hard drive. When I have the XP disk in, it only tries to read it for a short time.
What am I doing wrong???
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=52978&hl=
It had gotten progressively worse (3 - 4 weeks). I started to suspect hardware, so I pulled out the video card and found that the fan that cools it was not running. I freed it up, but after reassembly it won’t boot up at all. When I try to boot up in “safe” mode it stops at the line that says:
Multi (0) disk (0) rdisk(0) partition (1)\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys
Assuming that I burned up the video card I bought a new one. After assembling it into the PC and try to boot, it stops at the same place. I am assuming that I need to reload the video card drivers (apg 440).
But I am unable to get it to boot up off the recovery disks I have. I have two:
1. tangent “Recovery CD” - Bootable CD BIOS Locked V 1.2
It came with a booklet that says it is Windows 98
2. Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 - November 2004 Systems Student Media
I have tried booting up with both of these in the CDROM drive and it still looks like it is trying to boot of the hard drive. When I have the recovery CD in the CDROM it looks like it reads it for a little bit, but then goes on to the hard drive. When I have the XP disk in, it only tries to read it for a short time.
What am I doing wrong???