Hi all, I've been having lag/spikes and timeouts on tracerts. I have been following another thread on the same issue, I didn't want to hijack/sidetrack/confuse that thread so I wanted to begin my own and explain my issues and problems as well as what steps I'm taking and have taking to resolve the problem(s). I also need help in analyzing some of the results on some of the test I've been taking and plan to take. The whole story is very long, and complicated to explain in a post, I'm going to attempt to do the short story version. I have several computer on my home network, 2 laptops, and 3 desktops, plus 2-4 misc. test computers. The wired desktop got infected, with the help of the malware fighters it was giving the all clean. Some thing somewhere on my network or my ISP’s network was blocking port 3724 (needs to be open for client sever app) While I was working on solving that, which has been since late march I started to noticed lag spikes and timeouts when doing tracerts to check my route. The connection I’m on is a broadband non line of sight wireless. It’s the only real option for any besides dialup or satellite. For the time being I have put figuring out the port issue to address the lag spikes and timeouts. I have contacted my ISP and forwarded my tracerts and internet speed test to the tech which in turn was going to forward it to the engineer. I haven’t heard back yet, I sent them early this week. I do know that sometimes these things take some time. I like to know what’s going on myself , so of course I dig and test. J I’m check this computer to see how every thing is working, It’s a freshly restored and updated E-machine. (drivers, WinXP, and software) I ran the WEB100 NDT test. And am posting it below. There are a couple of areas that I thought weren’t right but before attempting to change them I wanted the experts to look and maybe throw in some suggestions. WEB100 Enabled Statistics: Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done checking for firewalls . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done running 10s outbound test (client-to-server [C2S]) . . . . . 500.0kb/s running 10s inbound test (server-to-client [S2C]) . . . . . . 151.96kb/s —— Client System Details —— OS data: Name = Windows XP, Architecture = x86, Version = 5.1 Java data: Vendor = Sun Microsystems Inc., Version = 1.6.0_06 —— Web100 Detailed Analysis —— Cable modem/DSL/T1 link found. Link set to Full Duplex mode Information: throughput is limited by other network traffic. Good network cable(s) found Normal duplex operation found. Web100 reports the Round trip time = 133.6 msec; the Packet size = 1260 Bytes; and There were 30 packets retransmitted, 36 duplicate acks received, and 45 SACK blocks received The connection stalled 4 times due to packet loss The connection was idle 1.84 seconds (18.4%) of the time C2S throughput test: Packet queuing detected: 1.11% S2C throughput test: Packet queuing detected: 20.43% This connection is network limited 99.91% of the time. Excessive packet loss is impacting your performance, check the auto-negotiate function on your local PC and network switch Web100 reports TCP negotiated the optional Performance Settings to: RFC 2018 Selective Acknowledgment: ON RFC 896 Nagle Algorithm: ON RFC 3168 Explicit Congestion Notification: OFF RFC 1323 Time Stamping: OFF RFC 1323 Window Scaling: OFF Server 'nitro.ucsc.edu' is not behind a firewall. [Connection to the ephemeral port was successful] Client is probably behind a firewall. [Connection to the ephemeral port failed] Information: Network Middlebox is modifying MSS variable Server IP addresses are preserved End-to-End Information: Network Address Translation (NAT) box is modifying the Client's IP address Server says [xxx.xx.xxx.xx] but Client says [192.168.1.103] Thanks for any and all help, suggestion. Tonka