This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

I think I'm being hacked? Please help!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I'm afraid I'm being hacked…again. In 06 I "supposedly" allowed someone to hack into my Wachovia online bank acct. and cleaned me out. This was BS and they knew it which is why they immediately replaced all the funds without an investigation. I stopped using Wachovia online and in 07 it appeared I was being hacked according to McAfee, I was being "pinged" from every country in the World. I had my computer completely wiped out and reinstalled a new antivirus. Now however, I feel I'm being hacked again (maybe it's paranoia) but I placed a "safe seal" on my Yahoo sign in page…it's gone everytime I log in. I had a voicemail in my yahoo folder…it's gone now. Yesterday I saw an Antivirus log dated back to 7/07 but I didn't get that antivirus until 9/07. Additionally, I noticed that my yahoo homepage had a timestamp of 3 days behind. There are a few other things and reasons why I think I'm being hacked but I really need some help to determine what/if anything is going on. THANKS. P.S. I know just enough about computers to be dangerous but I follow instructions very well.