Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Closed] Gaelicum Virus Removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aptec

Aptec

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:14 PM

Hello, I have a gaelicum infection on my computer. I have reformatted several times and have done complete wipes but i also have portable hardrives with alot of data of them which seems to replant the virus every time i reformat. I got rid of most of the infections with my subscribed AVG 8.0 and Trend Micro Scanners in Safe mode and etc... I have ran other things in safe mode such as spy sweeper and reg cure. Every time i leave my computer on and go afk though i get a AVG alert saying the same thing which is there is an infection called gaelicum and the system root is somewhere in system restore, so i move it to virus vault and go about my business but almost every time i go afk it comes back. So is there something else i can do to completely get rid of this PESKY Virus.. P.S I really like the layout of this website and forums, very nice XD Much appreciated

Edited by Aptec, 04 June 2008 - 09:18 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 23,225 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Malware and cooking some great Italian and TexMex food
  • MVP

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:41 AM

Hello Aptec

Welcome to the Whatthetech Malware Removal Forum Sorry for the delay in responding but with the amount of people posting with infected computers there are not enough hours in the day

Download Trendmicros Hijackthis to your desktop.
Double click it to install
Follow the prompts and by default it will install in C:\Program Files\Trendmicro\Hijackthis\Highjackthis.exe

• Open HJT Scan and Save a Log File, it will open in Notepad
  • Go to Format and make sure Wordwrap is Unchecked
  • Go to Edit> Select All.....Edit > Copy and Paste the new log into this thread by using the Post Reply and not start a New Thread.
DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

The forum is staffed by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.
If you feel you have been helped, please consider a donation.
donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

#3 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 23,225 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Malware and cooking some great Italian and TexMex food
  • MVP

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:36 AM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed. If you need help please start a new thread and post a new HJT log

The forum is staffed by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.
If you feel you have been helped, please consider a donation.
donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.