Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Closed] I have a trojan. Now my AVG wont turn on

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 alpha23

alpha23

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:21 AM

ok, im trying to get all the necessary files to download and install to get infos bout malwares at the moment... but in the mean time. ima explain what happened ok, i downloaded a crack for this game called Risen, and im stupid enough to download it from untrusted websites. so baam! avg detected a virus, i chose to remove threat as power user, and i even scanned my whole system and they found the virus but i dont think avg can remove it... my laptop crashed several mins ago and when i went to turn it back on, avg wont even turn on.. so now im defenseless against virus attacks and im scared... "Infection";"Trojan horse Downloader.Generic8.CDHY";"C:\Users\Ricardo\AppData\Local\Temp\c.exe";"";"10/17/2009, 9:59:40 AM" (i have 6 of these) "Infection";"Trojan horse Generic14.CDAE";"C:\Windows\System32\logevent.dll";"";"10/16/2009, 9:34:36 AM" "Infection";"Trojan horse Downloader.Generic8.CDBT";"C:\Windows\msa.exe";"";"10/16/2009, 10:00:30 AM"

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:19 AM

Hi,

Please do the following:

Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1
LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any script blocking protection
  • Double click dds.pif to run the tool.
  • When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
---------------------------------------------------
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt
Attach.txt.

NEXT

Posted Image
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here or here.
  • Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
  • Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
  • If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.

Posted Image
    Click the image to enlarge it
  • In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
    • Sections
    • IAT/EAT
    • Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
    • Show All (don't miss this one)
  • Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
  • Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
  • Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in your next reply.

**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

Microsoft MVP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

#3 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:41 AM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed. If you need help please start a new thread.

Microsoft MVP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015