This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] malware changed my display tabs & took over my backg

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I somehow ended up with malwarealarm 2008 trojan. I removed from add/remove programs, ran antivirus, spybot, regcure, regdfreg, xoftspy, registry booster, disk cleanup, and spyhunter. I still have a fake alert background with bugs crawling on my screen, and when i try to change my display, I can't because the background and screen saver tabs are now missing completely. My system restore is messed up because I now only have one restore point from after I caught the virus. I now also have a windows script host error message appearing upon reboot. Any suggestions?
[external image: Posted Image]

Sorry about the delay in responding :(

If you still need help, Scan again with HijackThis, and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI