Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Weird Stuff...anyone Ever Heard Of This?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 StaciF

StaciF

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 08:09 PM

:scratch: I has this hijacker prob, posted log from HijackThis, but after a few hours and no response, I just did a system restore and it fixed problem (my browser homepage was set to go to some weird place and I couldnt change it, nor could I get to site with just www. I had to use the http thing) Anyway, I restored and when I came back on, it seems to have been changed back to normal BUT the recycle bin icon shows theres something in it...yet when I open the bin, theres nothing showing...if I do "empty" it asks if I really want to dump "WINDOWS" !!!!!! WTF??? Anyone know why/how to fix?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 vultura

vultura

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 06:08 PM

Sorry, I don't know tha answer to this one. Maybe someone else can assist.
Make backups of your registry and files, before making changes to your system.

Any changes/alterations to your system posted on this site are at your own risk.

If in any doubt - don't do, what you cannot undo.

HijackThis Spybot S&D CWShredder On-Line Virus Scan
Peper Remover Safe Mode- How To Show All Files - How To

#3 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 07:13 PM

you cant dump windows when your in windows.
How Can I Reduce My Risk?