This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Finding Soundcard Drivers?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Alright, in my noobish attempt at ridding my computer of spyware, I think I somehow deleted my sound card's driver.. uh, that makes sense, right? When I try to play a sound, it says "Bad DirectSound driver. Please install proper drives or select another device in configuration" Now, I thought it would be easy enough: go to device manager and see that everything is working properly, and it SAYS it is. Okay, next.. go find out what my sound card is and look up places to download drivers, right? Well…… not so easy. Everywhere I check is selling something. And seeing as all I need is one driver (I think) it's not worth paying for a new one.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI