This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Am I Doint Sometrhing Wrong

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

I am a bit worried that I'm not responding correctly to my postings and their responses. On 16th May arount 9.50 am I posted the following problem:

My computer is running slow most of the time. I have run several antispyware programmes but nothing shows up. Also my hard drive seems to be working and chugging away most of the time, even when I'm not using any of my applications. Also Task Manager isn't working (it opens but when I try to close any programme with it, nothing happens) and I wonder if there's any connection to the previously mentioned problem. I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium. Thanks for any help you are able to give.

Later the same day I received a response from one of the experts who instructed me what to do, I followed the instructions immediately and posted the reply that same day. That was on 16th May and since then I have had no further response. I had the same problem a few weeks earlier - one initial respose, the posting of my action following that and then silence. Can anyone help me with the reason why I get no further response from the self assigned expert?

Many Thanks,
Norman
Hi NormanR Edit: Can see Kazz beat me to it. Well, two minds better than one B) Sorry to hear about your experience. The exact reason of why you didn't get any answer I can't tell on behalf of those people. The reasons can be many, as we all here are volunteers and sometimes life outside the computer-world gets in the way. Its unlucky and unfortunate, that it happened twice for you. :( I had a look on your responses, and there was nothing wrong with them, on the contrary. If you still got problems and issues with your machine, I'll be happy to try guide you through some procedures, to get your machine running smooth again. I'm not very familiar with Vista, but the procedures are exactly the same as for XP, except on some occasions where you have to run them as administrator. Please let me know if you still need help. Regards Abydos
Hi Kaz/Abydos, Thanks for the response and I would be veryt grateful if either of you would be able to assist in the previously mentioned problems I have which are still troubling me. Thanks again. Norman

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI