This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

'Not Responding'

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am in desperate need, my pc has been acting very odd the last 4-5 days, Its very sluggish and I'm getting lots of 'Not Responding' this is happening on things like firefox and word but also sometimes even my start button and control panel say not responding and I get no icons.

I have not installed anything new in the last week or so and I always defrag my drive weekly and do avg free antivirus scans and malwarebytes antimalware scans every few days. I'm disabled and my pc is my only link to my friends and as its the only pc I have I'm desperately worried about this. please help me.

I even freshly installed Win 7 at the weekend hoping that would fix it but no, its the same.

(I made this topic in the virus forums as I suspected the problem was a virus or malware but after a kind person there had me run several scans with different software we found nothing nasty and I was advised to post here. I'm wondering if the 'not responding' error is pointing to any particular piece of hardware that might be faulty? I did fit a new graphics card and psu just over a month ago but it was running sweet until 4-5 days ago)

Edit:- I just copied a 2.3gb folder from one place on my main HD to another, it took almost 10mins to copy and I noticed during that time my cpu usage was very low on all 4 cores, under 20% constantly. also when idling my cpu's hover around 0-4% that seems very low, perhaps its related to my problem?


http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…=117433&hl=

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI