This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Trojan and Malaware Cleancing Help Pls.

17 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok so It downloads the updates but fails to install them and here's the kicker when I go to update history it says I haven't downloaded and updates from the site before. I'm so lost.
Ok, I tried that and still same exact thing. The updates are downloaded. but when it goes to install them the install bar goes full then it says the following updates were not installed to your computer. and it lists the update that I was trying to install. The page says "Problem: A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed " it's really annoying yeah know. :-\
Try the "Automatic Updates and Windows Update Reset Tool"

http://www.codeplex.com/aureset/Release … seId=13656

Click on the link at the bottom of the page to download the tool. It's simple to use… just download and double-click on it to run. A command prompt screen will open. Just leave it alone and let it run. When it stops running, exit and you're finished.
Hey don't worry about it man, I was doin' some research last night, and I solved the problem. :yeah: Basically I had to run cmb prompt. and reactivate a file that was from a later service pack, that was conflicting with the one that was replaced from my Windows Repair Install Problem. I got all my updates, and things seem to be running smoothly. :woot: So far the system seems to be running clean so I guess if you think it's good to go then I'd say I am. To which case I want to sincerly say thank you SO much for your time and effort you've put forth to helping me with this problem I've had. I'm so greatful. Honestly thank you. Second… this may sound dumb but would it be safe to remove or at least take those exe you had my dl and put them on a flash drive and remove them from my PC? and is there a way to unistall the recovery console? I just hate booting my PC and having to choose between the OS or the recov con, especially if someone else turns on my PC and has no clue what they're doing. Anyways… besides that nonsense… Again thank you SO much. You've been more helpful than you could have imagined. Thank you SO much! :thumbup:
Hi,

I would recommend you keep the recovery console just incase you had any problems in the future. If the boot menu displays for to long it can be reduced.

The only other tool except Combofix(which will be removed further on in this post) is MalwareBytes. I would recommend you run a scan with this every week or so for your computers safety.

Congratulations you are clean!
Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:

  • Uninstall tools
  • Go to Start
  • Click on Run
  • Type ComboFix /u
You may delete any logs left on the desktop.

This is a good time to clear your existing system restore points and establish a new clean restore point:
  • Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
  • Select Create a restore point, and Ok it.
  • Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr
  • Select the More options tab
  • Choose the option to clean up system restore and OK it.
This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created.

Here are some free programs I recommend that could help you improve your computer's security.

Spybot Search and Destroy 1.5.1
Download it from here. Just choose a mirror and off you go.
Find here the tutorial on how to use Spybot properly here
Find here changes from older version 1.4 here

Install Spyware Guard
Download it from here
Find here the tutorial on how to use Spyware Guard here

Install SpyWare Blaster
Download it from here
Find here the tutorial on how to use Spyware Blaster here

Install WinPatrol
Download it from here
Here you can find information about how WinPatrol works here

Install FireTrust SiteHound
You can find information and download it from here

Install MVPS Hosts File from here
The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer.
Find Tutorial here : http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm


Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.
You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.
Secunia Software Inspector
F-secure Health Check


Please check out Tony Klein's article "How did I get infected in the first place?"

I'd be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.



Happy safe surfing!

andyspeake
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI