This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Have Had several trojans (Malawre/Superspyware got rid o

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Dear Tech Member, I added Malwarebytes and Superspyware both free additions to my computer and removed approximately 7-10 trojans and other spyware….several months back….after seeing that your site reccommended them….they worked great! i recently 1-1/2 weeks ago had another trojan and removed it as well…. my computer has slowed in opening and closing web pages…. It has started to freeze the pages the last few weeks …. I also have Spybot, they have caught some stuff the others hasn't .. I also have a trial AVG….and my Norton just ran out the middle of last week…so not able to update that…. Today I received an alert from windows….I was unable to close a web page so i hit ctr/alt/delete……which usually closes the window quickly..now it has started not responding for several moments…when i opened that command…it stated that a program was running i wasn't familiar with…and then it quit….i believe the name was whisk…..the other programs i was familiar with….(i didn't have my glasses on…for the record…) I wear the lowest magnification…so i see pretty well…just need help from time to time…it clicked off so quickly….i am not sure this was the name…the others that were running were things that either came with my computer or the web page i was running…only three things were open… i have very little knowledge in cleaning spyware/malware and removing things not needed on my computer….my computer is an hp and we got it about 5-6 years ago….we have always kept some type of spyware/malware running on it….I try to keep my registry cleaned….but as i stated I am still a novice…I believe we have pc cleaner… Tom Coyote has helped us since the begining…my husband is much more knowledgeable than I… he is working away from home except on the weekends.. ….any help you give us will be greatly appreciated…i will do my best to apply all the steps you suggest……as i will need step by step instructions…. thank you ahead of time for your patience and time…and consideration….this site is such a blessing to our family…saved all our laptops…as well as my computer several times…. Thank you for this site that helps the working class folks not spend outrageous amounts on their internet needs…may God bless each and everyone of you…in Jesus name..amen Rhonie
Hi Rhonie,

:welcome:

My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

Download HijackThis from Here .
  • If using Internet Explorer, Please select RUN
  • If Using Firefox, Download to your Desktop and then Double-Click on Icon to start installation.
  • Choose the default location of C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis as the destination. HJT needs to be in its own folder so that the program itself isn't deleted by accident. Having the backups could be VITAL to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!
  • Click the Install button.
  • Accept the license agreement .
  • The progam will place a shortcut on your desktop. This will make it easier for you to access the tool when required.
  • Click Do a system scan and save a log file. A Notepad file will open.
  • To post the text, first you must highlight the entire text and then press the (Ctrl+C) keys which copies it to your clipboard.
  • Now paste the log into this thread using the (Ctrl + V) buttons.


DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS MOST OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTER

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI