This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Help with multiple problems

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I tried doing what you asked, but there wasn't much of an effect. I changed back to manual configuration. Every computer on my network I've set up with an IP (for gaming, file transfer, etc.), and in order to select the 'Obtain DNS Servers Automatically' option I had to obtain my IP automatically too. Anything else that may be able to help? I want to try and avoid a complete reformat of my computer and clean rebuild of the network if possible. I only wish to do that as a last resort.
Do this first.

  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.

    • [external image: Posted Image]


    Here's my usual all clean post

    Log looks good :D


    You need to create a new Clean restore point.

    Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

    Click Start Menu > Run > copy and paste

    %SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

    Press OK. Choose Create a Restore Point then click Next. Name it (something you'll remember) and click Create, when the confirmation screen shows the restore point has been created click Close.

    Double-click My Computer.
    Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
    Click the View tab.
    Check "Hide file extensions for known file types."
    Under the "Hidden files" folder, Uncheck "Show hidden files and folders."
    Check "Hide protected operating system files."
    Click Apply, and then click OK.


    After the above:
    Start a new Topic here. No HijackThis logs required.
    http://forums.whatthetech.com/Networking_f128.html
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI