Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Cleaned my system, now certain sites won't load

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Medz

Medz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:02 PM

I had a virus/trojan/spyware infection recently, and I used malware bytes and super anti spyware which did a great job getting rid of it. However, ever since then, there are certain websites I can't get access to. I've tried flushing my DNS, disabling my firewalls, going through Open DNS, I cleaned out my HOSTS file...nothing. I can access the site without any trouble from one computer on my network, but my laptop just won't connect. I've tried a tracert and ping - nothing. I'm about ready to tear my hair out. I've tried different browsers, I set it to no proxies...still no response.

However, if I try getting through the site through a different proxy website, I can access it. So I know SOMETHING on my PC is blocking me - but I can't figure out what!

Here's my HJT log - if any other information would help, I'll be happy to provide it.

Thanks in advance!!

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 10:21:48 PM, on 9/1/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Moved from Malware Forum and HJT log removed.
LDT

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:30 AM

Hi Medz,

Have a look here for trouble-shooting your current situation.

http://social.answer...f6-90c8a271633d

Post back with your progress and any additional questions.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.