This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Cleaned my system, now certain sites won't load

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had a virus/trojan/spyware infection recently, and I used malware bytes and super anti spyware which did a great job getting rid of it. However, ever since then, there are certain websites I can't get access to. I've tried flushing my DNS, disabling my firewalls, going through Open DNS, I cleaned out my HOSTS file…nothing. I can access the site without any trouble from one computer on my network, but my laptop just won't connect. I've tried a tracert and ping - nothing. I'm about ready to tear my hair out. I've tried different browsers, I set it to no proxies…still no response.

However, if I try getting through the site through a different proxy website, I can access it. So I know SOMETHING on my PC is blocking me - but I can't figure out what!

Here's my HJT log - if any other information would help, I'll be happy to provide it.

Thanks in advance!!

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 10:21:48 PM, on 9/1/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Moved from Malware Forum and HJT log removed.
LDT

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI