Hey.. Sound drivers gone. I think.
5 min read
See the rules here: Terms of Service.
Huh? You are not sure what you meant?I'm not sure.
Here's the deal.Whats the deal with not helping though? Its still just an XP Professional OS
Folks who knowingly use copyrighted materials without paying for them are thieves! Low-life scumbag criminals!. Also, users of stolen/pirated software are a big part of the security problem facing all of us today because (1) chances are the pirated software is infected from the start since there is no control over it, and (2) because scumbag thieves who use pirated software rarely keep their systems fully patched, updated, scanned and blocked, either out of ignorance, lack of concern, or they do not want to get caught. In any case, they are irresponsible users! Their machines are prime targets for other badguys and make up a big percentage of the millions of computers that have been compromised, turned into spamming machines, DDoS bots, and distributors of malicious code.
Get the idea I don't like people who steal, or the use of pirated software?
There is NO excuse for stealing software! There are plenty of free and legal alternative operating systems that folks can use, rather than resorting to stealing. I suggest you check out the many versions of Linux, or buy a legal license for Windows - or stick with that Win2K we discussed in another thread - assuming that is a legal copy.
What's the deal about helping? For me personally, I don't help scumbags who steal - it's wrong, and illegal to aid and abet criminals. I am not stooping down to that low-life level and ruin my reputation or jeopardize my standing on these forums.
As for this site, keeping in mine I have no official connection here, I just hang out and help folks where I can, but the point is the same - it is wrong to help criminals commit crimes. This is a legitimate site - they do not condone illegal activities.
I have never encountered an illegal software user who did not know the software was illegal - free or $5 for a $130 program is a clue, even for the clueless. But to be fair to you, I guess it could happen - but, frankly, I would find it hard to believe. That said, be warned! Now that you have revealed on a public forum you use pirated software, the username "B0z" will be suspect. If the authorities decide to focus on you, it will not be hard to find you. If caught using illegal software, the penalties can be substantial for each license violation - that is, for each piece of pirated copyrighted materials; each program, each music file, each video file etc. found in your possession can result in significant fines and jail time. If your country is a member of the UN, copyright laws apply.
My advice to you is to get legal immediately - before subpoenas go out. Purge all your hard disks, burned CDs and DVDs, MP3 players, memory sticks, etc. of anything that you do not have a legal license for.
Don't be part of the problem.
Well, good luck - but I suggest you keep a watch over your shoulder - the software police don't just go after the up-loaders - in fact, since every time you touch a site you leave traces of your activities, it is easier to go after the users instead of the pirates and hackers. I personally don't think it a laughing matter!lol
Until you comply with the below, do not ask for anymore help or you're account will be disabled.
http://forums.whatthetech.com/We_do_not_support_t91501.html
We do not support the use of illegal Pirated/Warez/Cracked software.
Helping a person who insists on using such software, could be construed in the eyes of the law to be aiding and abetting a crime. Therefore you will be asked to remove any cracked programs and in the case of your operating system, to obtain a valid licensed copy.
You will be asked to remove any such software before receiving any help.
The malware removal forum is set up to help those in need of assistance with their personal computers. This service is free and provided by volunteers.
We realise on occasion an IT person might need a second opinion. In which case please state that up-front and note the steps already taken. Our volunteers appreciate that.
If you are a computer business claiming to remove spyware for your paying customers, our Volunteers are not here to support such. Personal computer clients may be directed to this forum to receive free advice in the first person.
Credit to Safer Networking
You know when something is not yours, even to use.
If you take/use it knowing that it is not yours you are a thief, just like the people in prison..
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI