This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

stuck at Boot screen then restart

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My Win XP SP3 fresh installed(Restart No proBlem several times) stuck at XP Boot Screen and after long time Bar moving left and right, it will restart. My HD got 3 partition, C,D and E. When I installed XP SP3 to C which had existing XP SP2, I delete the partition and create again new partition. Then installed to this partition. I suprise that I also have 10G of free space unpartition there… It happen when I want to Backup XP SP3 using Powerquest Drive Image 5 By using Dos Disk. When It load to Drive Image Screen, it asked me to fix some errors just like previous time. So I just click OK and OK… Forgot oleidi what is the error. After that, it hang there. When I use again the XP Boot disk, after first screen to detect my hardwares then no more screen ( Black screen w/o anything). When I use Paragon partition Manager Rescure CD to Boot it, it hang at "Scanning. Please wait". When I use Active@ Boot Disk, it will also stuck at XP Boot screen… I only have one SATA disk and my old PC is IDE HD. So if want to use other computer I need to go PC shop. Before that, I will try to seek help first…. TQ!
Hello, It sounds to me like your hard drive is failing. If you could tell me the make of the hard drive I will find the proper utility to test the drive from the manufacture. Do you know how to burn an ISO?
Here is the web site where you can download the diagnostic software for your hard drive.
Please download, and burn an ISO.
Then run the diagnostic on the computer with the issue.
Short Test failed. Error detected during Long Test: Testing LbA block number 150594824, 152336803, 152722041. 4 choice: - skip this one only - repair this one only -skip this one and all remaining -repair this one and all maining What should I do??
As I suspected, your hard drive has failed.
I hope that you know the golden rule "back up, back up, back up"
You are going to have to replace the hard drive, and re-install the operating system.
Is this some thing that you know how to do?
If you need help let me know.

The HD is Seagate barracuda ST3250410AS SATA 3.0 Interface with 16 Mb buffer 7200.10 250 Gb. bought Two months only.

It does happen some times.
I got backup image at partition D and F. If I got new boot HDD, can I get back my files on partition D and F?? Or is it viewable if use a new HDD?
Sorry for the late reply. If your hard drive has failed (which it has) you can recover data by using a data recovery lab. This cost thousands of dollars. The physical drive that has the different partitions must work for you to get the data off of them with data recovery software. I really hope that you backed up any important data with disc or external drive.
sychern, did you try "-repair this one and all remaining"?

It's worth trying. May repair enough to make the drive usable again or at least allow you to recover any data from it that you want.

Once you have the new drive installed, you should be able to use the Powerquest software to restore the image from D: or F: to C: as long as you have some way of starting it, like booting from CD or Diskette. If not, you'll have to install XP on the new drive, then install Powerquest, then restore from the backup image.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI