This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Computer Hacked?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Thank you for reading this:

About a week a go I clicked on a website for the fist time and the page I opened said your computer has been hacked. I closed all windows and disconnected immediately. I then looked for any strange happenings on my computer but everything seemed normal. However, today when I clicked my username on the start menu(windows xp) a blue screen with white text briefly appeared followed by my computer restarting. Once it had loaded up a microsoft error report window appeared. Two files were mentionned one of them was c:\windows\minidump\mini090204.dmp and the other was
c:\docume~1\locals~1\temp\wer1.tmp.diroolsysdata.xml.

My log is posted below -

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 12:34:18, on 02/09/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\vaio media music server\SSSvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\stacmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ICO.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcatel\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKWnd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgcc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\sony\photo server 20\appsrv\PicAppSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\SAGEM\SAGEM F@st 800-840\dslmon.exe
C:\Program Files\PowerPanel\Program\PcfMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\vaio media platform\sv_httpd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\sony shared\vaio media platform\SV_Httpd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\vaio media platform\UPnPFramework.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\sony shared\vaio media platform\UPnPFramework.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Mustafa Khan\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis prog.zip\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.sportinglife.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.club-vaio.sony-europe.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.club-vaio.sony-europe.com/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: CleanMyPC Popup Blocker - {7A9BC6B1-7F27-47c6-A66D-13582E81E537} - C:\Program Files\CleanMyPC Popup Blocker\CleanBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: CleanMyPC Toolbar - {04164EC4-1E48-4279-818E-3721931E7636} - C:\Program Files\CleanMyPC Popup Blocker\CleanBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmaTel StacMon] C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\stacmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mouse Suite 98 Daemon] ICO.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ezShieldProtector for Px] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HKSERV.EXE] C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Drag'n Drop CD+DVD] C:\Program Files\drag'n drop cd+dvd\BinFiles\DragDrop.exe /StartUp
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Alcatel\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [POINTER] point32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgcc32.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Washer] C:\Program Files\Washer\washer.exe /0
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServicesOnce: [washindex] C:\Program Files\Washer\washidx.exe
O4 - Global Startup: DSLMON.lnk = C:\Program Files\SAGEM\SAGEM F@st 800-840\dslmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: PowerPanel.lnk = ?
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.club-vaio.sony-europe.com/
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.Sony-europe.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.Sonystyle-europe.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.Vaio-link.com

Thanks in advance.

About a week a go I clicked on a website for the fist time and the page I opened said your computer has been hacked. I closed all windows and disconnected immediately.


Should have waited to see what junk they were selling.

Once it had loaded up a microsoft error report window appeared. Two files were mentionned one of them was c:\windows\minidump\mini090204.dmp and the other was
c:\docume~1\locals~1\temp\wer1.tmp.diroolsysdata.xml.


http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=315263

The link above explains the "minidump". I don't think the two are related.
I see nothing in your log about a hijack.

Download System Security Suite. Extract it from the zip file into a folder.
http://www.igorshpak.net/software/3ssetup104.zip
Under "items to clear" click all. Then click "clear selected items"


Please read through the ideas and free software listed below that will help to keep your computer clean.
Some of these you may have install or may have done already.

Install a firewall.ZoneAlarm FREE

Ensure that an Antivirus is updated weekly and running. AVG antivirus from Grisoft is a very good FREE antivirus program.

Make sure you have the latest critical updates from windows update.
I would hold off on Service Pack 2

SpywareBlaster will prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests.

IE-SPYAD puts over 4000 known 'bad' sites into your IE restricted zone so that they cannot install malware on your PC.

Google toolbar has a very good built in popup blocker with a nice search bar. To provide privacy, select disable advanced features when installing.

Check your system for latest virus definitions with an online virus scan.
TrendMicro HouseCall
eTrust AntiVirus Web Scanner
Panda ActiveScan

Check your system for latest trojan definitions with an Online trojan scan

And also see this link for additional security information.
So how did I get infected in the first place?

Please consider using Firefox
http://texturizer.net/firefox/index.html

Do not let any site install anything if you do not know what it is.
I currently have zone lab and avg installed. No virus is detected by avg and as the log is clean does it mean I'm in the clear and my computer restarting was just a computer error? Once again thanks for all your help.

  No virus is detected by avg and as the log is clean does it mean I'm in the clear and my computer restarting was just a computer error?


:thumbup: Yes, I don't see anything bad. :D
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI