Just based on the
very little you told us, including the most important thing - the
intended purpose of the computer - I would go for the
LE-1640 because it is newer technology. That typically means I can stretch the useful lifetime of the computer another couple years down the rode as upgrades and replacements for the newer generation will be around longer.
The fact that it comes with Vista Home Premium
suggests that it has a better graphics system, and hopefully more RAM too - though that would need to be verified.
To make a true,
informed decision, at a minimum, the following should be known:
CPUs (you already know that)
RAM - Amount and type/speed
Graphics solution - Add-in card or "on-board". A card is always better than on-board graphics.
Power supply - The PSU is an often overlooked, but still critical component - I would not discount a PC because of an inadequate PSU, but I would figure in the cost to replace it with a decent one.
The below, pretty much in order, all factor in the overall value, in terms of cost, but more importantly, in terms of meeting your computing needs.
Number, size, and type of drives
Monitor
Motherboard make and model would be nice too.
Is it a sturdy case? Does one case support more drives? What size and how many fans are there? Does the case support more fans?
Finally, any commercial software that comes with it - word processor, speadsheet program, etc.