hello
Im here cos I have my first virus on my new laptop, I managed to keep it clean until now.
My name is Charlie , Male , 44 an live in east sussex ,England.
Im a builder , living with my g/f and easy going, I like Red wine , Cider , chess , poker and internet stuff.
Charlie
Hi Charlie and welcome to the WTT forums
I see that you have posted an HJT log in the malware removal forum, so now its just a case of waiting for a malware fighter to analyse your log and respond with their usual detailed advice and information.
Right now the malware fighters are very busy with lots of folks who have troubles with malware on their machines, so if you can, please try and be patient (although I know this can be tough when you suspect an infection)
One useful tip for you…………… the malware fighters look first for logs with Zero responses…so if you follow up on your post it looks to them as though you have been assisted by one of their colleagues…..and that could really cause a delay!
Rest assured that a malware fighter will get to your post and assist you as soon as they possibly can.
Post back here in this thread if you have anything to ask whilst you are waiting and we will do our best to help.
Regards
paws
thanks.
for the record, its a trojan horse Downloader.generic7.LOD
AVG kills it daily, but it popps back under different names., gradually getting more copies of itself.
the plot thickens,
I think ~i have a virus that plays random midi tunes that last a few seconds.
Also , when I turned my laptop on, there were 5 user accounts created and they called themselves internet accounts. how the hell did they create themselves?
Hi Charliebeth
As you know we don't analyse HJt logs here in this subforum, but I did hop over to the malware removal forum and take a quick peak at your HJT log……..
I think you have "undesirable elements" present on your machine, so until an expert malware fighter responds to your log this is what I recommend you do.:
1 Take your infected machine out of service and disconnect it from the Internet,(physically unplug it) do not use it until you have received malware removal advice from your trusted adviser.
2 Using another machine go here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_To_Do_I…931#entry406931
and request an expert review your log as more than 5 days have passed….you can refer to this link here as it may help the malware removal expert with the background information provided.
3 Please do not ignore this advice.
Regards
paws