This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] IE7 and ActiveX

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

After re-installing IE 7 and the Computer Associates free 3month trial program, I can no longer download ActiveX controls. Have ensured all required settings are enabled in both programs. Previously used ActiveX controls that reside in my Downloaded Program Files won't work either even though I have enabled them under that heading. The Microsoft site offered advice when a control there failed to download but the advice did not match what I was seeing. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI