This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Break up of forums

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

May I suggest that you look at breaking up the windows forum into sections. eg Vista, XP 2000, ME 98 Cheers Peterm

May I suggest that you look at breaking up the windows forum into sections. eg Vista, XP 2000, ME 98
Cheers
Peterm

Thanks for the suggestion.
If we do that for the Windows Forum, we'd need to do that for all the others as well.
The less Topic Rooms you have, the easier it is to post and read.

A simple way to make it easier for everyone would be for the poster to have their OS in the Topic Title of there post.

Examples:
Vista pc won't boot

XP2 with missing files.
Thats a great suggestion LDTate..putting the Os in the Topic…it would be very helpful as currently not all folks have details of their os in their profile. Other folks put an Os in their Profile and its only after a few false starts that I realise that they are posting about a machine with a different operating system.!! Like in the malware forum, its my belief that some posters are charging customers for fixing their machines and requesting us to help them provide some answers……. If I'm wrong in this then some folks have an awlful lot of computers!

Like in the malware forum, its my belief that some posters are charging customers for fixing their machines and requesting us to help them provide some answers……. If I'm wrong in this then some folks have an awlful lot of computers!


You're not wrong on this summation paws.


Putting the OS in the title of the topic is an excellent idea, by the way! :thumbup: