This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Windows Forums

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I've got a suggestion pertaining the "windows" forum; instead of lumping all of the windows threads together, you create a category just for them (or for operating systems in general) and break the threads up into different forums according to version (7, vista, xp, etc.). That way when a member is browsing and looking for a thread/threads for a particular windows version they don't have go through (what is currently) 2840 threads. I do recognize how that would be alot of work for you to go through all of them especially if the windows version isn't indicated in the thread title but I thought that I would mention it anyway since you do have a forum on suggestions. :thumbup: Don't you have an option to mass move threads.
Hi Ben. Seems like most people who join WTT would like this, including me when I first signed up.

I would still like to see some kind of separation, maybe along the lines of:

Windows 95/98/98SE*Ztruker - all older, DOS based OSes
Windows NT/2000/XP - all NT based (pre Vista)
Windows Vista/7

Ideally I would like 2000 and XP in separate forums as well as Vista and 7.
I suggest 95/98/ME, 2000/NT, XP, Vista, 7. The perhaps lump Linux and unix together & then one for mac, if you have a need. Or you could just lump Linux/Unix/Mac together (since they are all similar) & label that as other.

I wonder why all of the operating systems anymore are either windows or Unix based (ie Linux, Mac [partially & indirectly], solaris, & google chrome if it comes out). Everything else died off. Well there is Novell but who uses that?
BenT, Thanks for the Comment and Suggestion. This topic does come up periodically in this and other Forums. While it is a great idea, in and of itself, there are a variety of issues involved in making it happen and then living with it. The idea is being considered. Best Regards