Here are a few things I have tried (in no particular order), none of which seemed to make anything better/worse:
* Spybot - Search & Destroy
* F-Secure Blacklight Rootkit Scanner
* A-Squared Free Scanner
* Panda ActiveScan
* Uncompressed every file/folder on my hard drive (using "compact /u /s /a /i /q *.*" from the command line)
* Removed all the objects from the "Tools | Internet Options | General | Settings... | View Objects..."
* Deleted all cookies
* Deleted all temporary internet files
* Logged in as a different user account on this computer to see if IE loads slowly in that account also
I am now using FireFox, and it seems to work just fine, but would like to go back to IE if possible.
Here is my HiJackThis log:
Edited by paws..HJT log removed (to prevent search actions) and uplifted as an attachment
HJT.txt 8.01KB 194 downloads
Edited by paws, 21 April 2008 - 02:38 AM.