Jump to content

Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91913 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!


Photo

Internet Explorer 6 Problem


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TWEEKSPARK

TWEEKSPARK

    New Member

  • New Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:24 AM

When I launch Internet Explorer 6, my CPU goes to 100%. 75% use by IE 6 the remaining 25% use by lsass.exe. It stays this way for a long time, sometimes 30 minutes, and then just returns to zero use without me doing anything. I can't figure out why. I tried turning off Macafee and didn't change a thing.

I removed IE6, rebooted and re-installed IE6. No change. I even upgraded to IE7. Same thing so I went back to IE6.

I have run Spybot, McAfee antivirus, Spy Sweeper, Super Anti Spyware and Ad-Aware, all with no help.

I posted a hijack this file and here's what was suggested:

I see no signs of viruses or malware in the log. It is clean.

The lsass process is a Windows system process that handles security functions. The file on this system is the correct file.

It could be a problem in IE or it could be a conflict with McAfee (this has been reported on more than a few occasions). Hard to say.

I wuold suggest posting in the XP forum here: http://www.bleepingc...ms/forum56.html . They can assist with non-malware related system issues and help with evaluating running processes.

Cheers.

OT

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

    Advertisements

Register to Remove


#2 Ax238

Ax238

    Advanced Member

  • Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:15 PM

Hello TWEEKSPARK,

Welcome to Tom Coyote Forums! I see that you are receiving help in the thread you posted in the Bleeping Computer forum. As there has been no resolution for your issue as of yet, I would like to make a suggestion:

Go to Start|Run, type sfc /scannow (w/space between sfc and /scannow), and press Enter. This will run the Windows System File Checker utility, which will replace any possibly corrupted system files. You will probably be asked to put in the Windows XP Home installation CD, so have that handy.

Let me know how it goes,

Ax

#3 TWEEKSPARK

TWEEKSPARK

    New Member

  • New Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:56 PM

I removed Macafee Internet Security Suite 2006 8.0. Now my IE seems to work fine. My subscription for updates ran out and it was constantly asking me to renue the subscription with popups all the time. I couldn't disable the reminder. VERY ANOYING!!! Anyway, thanks for all your help with this problem. I will use a different Antivirus product from now on.

#4 Ax238

Ax238

    Advanced Member

  • Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:10 PM

Glad you took care of the issues. The only thing worse than not having an antivirus solution is having one that's not updated. You're welcome for the help, anytime.

Related Topics



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users