This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] unable to RUN hijack this,Lava adware,AVG because of vir

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I seem to have been invaded by a trojan horse virus with popups and it downloads automaticaly its own "anti-virus" system called "VirusHeat".I have a subscription to McAfee anti-virus by way of my server but it can't spot the virus let alone remove it. Downloaded AVG and also Lava adware plus your own hijack this download. All 3 download but will not run. I get signs that they are mistaken files & I'm sure the virus "VirusHeat" is preventing them.Most likely the anti-virus programs would finish off the virus Many popups, and it's in my toolbar.I tried erasing my internet explorer version 6.0 and went to 7.0. Still there.Went back to 6.0, still there.Tried safemode by way of my server too. Can you please help me?Thank You Moshe Natan
  • Create a folder called HJT either in C: or My documents or some place convienient.
  • Download Hijackthis from here.

    Place it in the folder you just created

    This will ensure we have back ups made and it doesn't get deleted.

  • Open HJT choose scan and save a log file.
  • copy the contents of that log for me in your next reply.


Do not attempt to fix anything with HJT it shows both good and bad entries and files.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI