This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Need help removing browser hijack

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Please help! I went on to CNET's website (which looks legit) to download WinRAR, but instead downloaded a virus! Now I can't access certain sites eg google, facebook, yahoo, youtube. It doesn't matter whether I use IE or Mozilla. When I tried to open those links, this page comes up: Microsoft Security Centre Alert : Your computer have been attacked by spyware or viruses! Please download AntiSpyware to fix. Download AntiSpyware Now I didn't dare try it because I think I'll just download more viruses! I tried searching on the net to see what to do with it. I've tried ComboFix and SuperAntispyware which didn't help. I also tried Ad-ware and Symantec, all with the latest virus definitions. None of them picked up this virus! I don't know what this virus is called, nor can I remember which version of WinRAR I was trying to download. Please guide me through how to get rid of this virus (I'm not that good with computers). I'd be eternally grateful! Akane
You could try System Restore. 1. Click Start. 2. Point to All Programs. 3. Point to Accessories. 4. Point to System Tools. 5. Click System Restore. 6. Follow the instructions on the wizard. See if you can find a date the the PC worked.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI