This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Antivirus 360

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, One of the computers I deal with has had an infection with the antivirus 360 program, I have managed to manually delete as much of it as I could find but seem to have left some behind. After a lot of fighting I managed to get AVG free edition on to it and did a scan which found nothing, but when we go onto the web it keeps blocking the website we require telling is it is infected. I have managed to get the exe's for Malware Bytes on to it but it will not start ot install, I got Spybot on and while it is installed I cannot run the console to do a scan and now to add insult to injury I cannot even install Hijackthis. This is a Windows XP laptop. Can anyone help? Thanks alamb200
Hello alamb200

Welcome to the Whatthetech Malware Removal Forum,

All advice given by anyone volunteering here, is taken at your own risk.
While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen.

Is this a company computer???
Good Morning, Sorry, but we do not work on company computers, it can open up a bag of worms legally. This computer being on a network could possible infect other computers. You need to contact your IT department for help. When a computer on a network gets infected, its safer to pull the computer offline, reformat and do a clean install of windows. Ken

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI