Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Norton Personal Firewall Configuration

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jwillislee

jwillislee

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 03:21 AM

Hello all. I´ve posted a few times in the Hijack This area of this forum and have been impressed with the level of knowledge and help received. I have a question regaring Norton personal firewall which was tied to my new Packard-Bell pc and which cannot be uninstalled by the way. I used to be a panda client, a Spanish company. How do I configure the firewall to be able to access the following ftp sites safely without weakening the system? Up to now, I can only do this by disconnecting the firewall completely which is not really a solution. There is a way of creating regulations and telling the system to permit access to these 2 sites specifically (using ports 20-22 and TCP protocol) without compromising security. Since I am pretty green as a user though, I´m not sure how to do this. My ftp websites I wish to connect to are: ftp.jwltranslations.com ftp.telefonica.net Many thanks in advance for any advice/solutions to this question. :) JW-L

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 23 November 2004 - 03:28 AM

You can uninstall Norton... you just need a couple of hours, a phone and alot of patience. Although I havent used Nortons firewall, you should be able to get into its options and write the rules you show above and.. being that it is norton.. I 'd be willing to bet theres a nice little GUI there for you to use.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"