This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Norton Personal Firewall Configuration

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello all. I´ve posted a few times in the Hijack This area of this forum and have been impressed with the level of knowledge and help received. I have a question regaring Norton personal firewall which was tied to my new Packard-Bell pc and which cannot be uninstalled by the way. I used to be a panda client, a Spanish company. How do I configure the firewall to be able to access the following ftp sites safely without weakening the system? Up to now, I can only do this by disconnecting the firewall completely which is not really a solution. There is a way of creating regulations and telling the system to permit access to these 2 sites specifically (using ports 20-22 and TCP protocol) without compromising security. Since I am pretty green as a user though, I´m not sure how to do this. My ftp websites I wish to connect to are: ftp.jwltranslations.com ftp.telefonica.net Many thanks in advance for any advice/solutions to this question. :) JW-L
You can uninstall Norton… you just need a couple of hours, a phone and alot of patience. Although I havent used Nortons firewall, you should be able to get into its options and write the rules you show above and.. being that it is norton.. I 'd be willing to bet theres a nice little GUI there for you to use.